LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPEGToLVImagePreflight threads causing major CPU load

Hi!

We have a major problem with a large built application (LabVIEW 8.6). Quite often the CPU load on the PCs goes up to 100% on one or more  cores, ultimatelz leading to an unusable system.

It seems, that the function JPEGToLVImagePreflight() in the lvrt.dll causes this problem (see attached screenshot). Can anyone sched some light on what this function does, and under which circumstances it might be called? Any hints on what to try to avoid this from happening or to further narrow it down?

Regards,

Jörg

---
Jörg Heßdörfer
Certified LabVIEW Architect, S.E.A. Datentechnik GmbH
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,415 Views)

This function preparses a JPG file to determine its properties such as the image rectangle and the size of the resulting uncompressed image datastream. It is therefore used if you happen to call something that does for some reason need to know the size of a JPG file. The LabVIEW VI to load a JPG file into a picture control could be one candidate. Other possibilities might be somewhere in the embedded WebServer in LabVIEW.

Do you use JPGs in your LabVIEW program? Can you check to disable the WebServer interface in your executable?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,399 Views)

No, we don't use the LV WebServer, and no direct JPEG loading, either. We've already checked that. What we use heavily though is subpanels and .NET containers (and sometimes .NET containers inside subpanels ;-).

Are there any other cases besides WebServer and explicit JPEG loading, where this JPEGToLVImagePreflight might be involved?

---
Jörg Heßdörfer
Certified LabVIEW Architect, S.E.A. Datentechnik GmbH
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,386 Views)

joergh wrote:

No, we don't use the LV WebServer, and no direct JPEG loading, either. We've already checked that. What we use heavily though is subpanels and .NET containers (and sometimes .NET containers inside subpanels ;-).

Are there any other cases besides WebServer and explicit JPEG loading, where this JPEGToLVImagePreflight might be involved?

I'll leave that to someone from NI as I can't think of anything right now.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,383 Views)

Any jpgs used on the GUI ?

Could this be how over-lapping object show up when we chase it from the bottom up ?

Just brain-storming,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,372 Views)