From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOB POST--RF engineer near San Diego

Opportunity to design and develop new products in wireless,
optoelectronic, and military/aerospace markets. You'll design, model,
and test passive RF, microwave, and mmwave circuitry, packages, and
components.

Must haves include:

--Minimum BSEE
--Minimum 3 years' industrial experience in the commercial
RF-microwave-mmwave packaging market
--Demonstrated practical knowledge of Si, GaAs, InP, SiGe, and other
semiconductor materials used in microwave applications
--Experience using electromagnetic modeling software such as Ansoft,
HFSS, or comparable
--Experience using HP8510 or comparable
--Must be authorized to work in the U.S.

The location is near San Diego, and the compensation is very
competitive.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,728 Views)
Mr. (or Ms.?) Dailey,

This forum is not the appropriate place for job postings or job searches.

Please contact your local NI Sales Representatives. As I am local to your area (San Diego) I can point those reps out. For 92121, it is Aaron Grey. For North of 92121 it is Heath Noxon. For South of 92121, it is Jorge Norguera.

Please contact one of these people if you are looking for LabVIEW programmers, etc. Please refrain from posting these on this forum.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,728 Views)
Labviewguru-

What is your source of information that delineates this type of post as inappropriate?

I researched this not to long ago when I thought another contributor was particularly curt in response to another similar post.

The only thing I could find that might qualify was the following @ the legal link at the bottom of the each page (http://www.ni.com/legal/):
"Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose."

If NI doesn't specifically prohibit it I don't see the damage. These are people who need help with LV also (in a much larger way) and it might be the job that anyone of us might NEED someday.

Admittedly, that is the second post of the same content and if the unanswered questions become so full
of job postings that you can't find the posts people who need help then this would be annoying. Also NI sales reps may indeed be better suited to matching their needs to local people.

I have neither posted nor responded to such a post and I value your answers and comments on this exchange, but, absent anything prohibitive in black and white, I disagree.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,728 Views)
Thank you for agreeing with me that this post was not suited to this forum. This unregulated forum is for the LabVIEW community, and is meant to be a support forum only, not a jobs posting or advertising medium. This was discussed previously, and I'm sorry you were unable to see this discussion.

This forum must be self regulated. I advised M. Daily that there were not only more appropriate, but BETTER places to look for LabVIEW programmers in the San Diego area.

I am in fact looking for work in this area, but chose NOT to respond to M. Dailey's posting because there are better ways to find LabVIEW programmers in San Diego. The fact of the matter is that only a small portion of LabVIEW programmers even go to this forum. Of the some
100-200 LabVIEW programmers in my area, I know of only 4 that post to this board.

I will keep monitoring the content of this board to make sure it is appropriate, as should everyone else. This is a great forum, and only by monitoring it ourselves can it remain as such.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,728 Views)
Backoff, LabVIEWguru.
Nobody appointed you the cop for this newsgroup.
Obviously you must have been born with a silver spoon in your mouth and never had to look for work.

"Labviewguru" wrote in message
news:506500000005000000A1640000-1012609683000@exchange.ni.com...
> Mr. (or Ms.?) Dailey,
>
> This forum is not the appropriate place for job postings or job
> searches.
>
> Please contact your local NI Sales Representatives. As I am local to
> your area (San Diego) I can point those reps out. For 92121, it is
> Aaron Grey. For North of 92121 it is Heath Noxon. For South of
> 92121, it is Jorge Norguera.
>
> Please contact one of these people if you are looking for LabVIEW
> programmers, etc. Please refrain from posting these on this forum.
>

> Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,728 Views)
Parks,

Your personal insults as a result of my trying to help someone on this board are not only innappropriate, but downright rude.

There is no cause for this kind of childish behavior on this forum.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,728 Views)
Hi Labviewguru,

Can you advise me on some of the best and popular sites/places (rather
than people) that offer Labview positions/recruiting ?
Antoher thing: many companies in the Bay area sponsor work permits -
you being in the middle of it, how much does that apply to Labview
positions or is there at all any significant shortage of LV
programmers ?
I am what you would consider a junior programmer (2+ years Labview)
with a BSc, any chance ? 🙂

thanks.

andres

amellik@yahoo.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,728 Views)