Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iterating in an event structure over subset of control items

Solved!
Go to solution

@Altenbach -

>> this code just smells bad (stinks)

It is dummy code.  They both are.  The second was more contrived than the first.  I can't post the actual non-dummy content here because doing so is what is called "career impacting".  

>> There are so many symmetries that I am sure it could be done with a stack of FOR loops and a single instance of each bitwise operation.

If we were really optimizing then it could be a table-lookup.

>> Also a real blemish is the abundance of coercion dots ... why are the controls not integers? ...  attach VI?

It is dummy code.  Like any metaphor, it made its points.  DeMorgans or a table lookup are approaches to optimize the second.  I don't suppose you have "Boolean truth table" or "rb-tree" as object-types?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(792 Views)

Dummy code should be realistic. If you don't attach VIs and just show us some random pictures of poorly laid out code wiht unrealistic datatpes, the chances of getting real help drops significantly.

(There is also no need to use big words when dismissing a reply)

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(769 Views)

@altenbach - I had received the help that I was looking for above.  I selected answers.  I deeply and sincerely apologise if I came across as dismissive or rude.  Please forgive me.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(699 Views)