From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems that NI dropped the Activex Events from the Control Panel in LabVIEW 7.0. Why???

I have Labview 6.0/6.1 Activex vi's that no longer work in LabView 7.0 There are no longer ActiveX Events vi's in the Communications->ActiveX control set. What is the deal with that??? Pretty much makes my $2400 upgrade investment worth nothing as far as I can see.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,193 Views)
There is an entirely new node called the EVENT node, which is a far more efficient architecture than the Activex event. I believe you will be able to do everything you want with the EVENT architecture.

Eric
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
Message 2 of 3
(2,193 Views)
kup,

Are you sure that your VIs no longer work? They should. The support VIs are located in "vi.lib\Platform\ax-events.llb". The functionality was not taken away, the VIs were simply removed from the function palette. Also, ActiveX Events may now also be handled using calback VIs. This is much better, IMO. Seach the examples for "ActiveX" and "callback".

-Jim
Message 3 of 3
(2,193 Views)