From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Scanned Variable read write access using Scanned Variable Read and Scanned Variable Write

A couple years ago, I wrote some software using Labview 2017 to control 5 48-channel multiplexers in order to iterate through them simultaneously into a cRIO 9066.  Things worked great, and I passed the software on.  Last year the people using the software upgraded to 2018 and things stopped working.  I finally have time to check it out again and I can not make heads or tails as to what is going on.  

I decided to get it working with Labview 2017 again to get a better understanding of what was going on.  I downgraded the cRIO to 2017 and the software still did not work.  After multiple attempts of reformatting, reinstalling, and managing the devices in the project I was able to get things working again though not sure exactly which part worked.  Since then we reupgraded the cRIO back to 2018 to see if we can get it working.  This brought us back to square one and it appears to be issues accessing the Real Time Scan Resources and the Scanned Variable Write.  The error I get is: "Unable to access the shared variable. This error can occur if you attempt to read from a write-only variable or write to a read-only variable, or if you do not have permission to access the variable. "

I don't know if I need to somehow completely delete and recreate the variables or what.  I've tried deleting the device in the project and readding it both by adding it as an existing target and by adding a new target then adding the modules individually.  

I replicated what I did the other day by reformatting and going back to 2017, but the issue persists.  The uploads are a paired down version of the code trying to get just the read and writes working again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,618 Views)

I think I might have figured it out.  

I delete the chassis for my project, readded, and then realized I don't think I ever redefined the 9403 channels as outputs.  After redeploying the variables, things are working again.  I am going to verify this was the issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,596 Views)