LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues installing NXG Web Module and SystemLink "An error occurred while installing a package: ni-systemlink-nosqldatabase-4.2 (19.6.0.49152-0+f0)

Solved!
Go to solution

As the topic mentions, I've tried to install NXG Web Module 4.0 but get this message but with V19.5 of systemlink error. I tried to install just SystemLink 19.6 hoping a fix was in the update but same issue. My internet connection is absolutely fine, I'm thinking it is a problem at the NI end.

PWoodward_0-1586564817774.png

I've tried uninstalling the Rabbit software that is the only KB I could find of a similar issue but it is an issue related to a different part of the SystemLink installation.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,984 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PWoodward

Yes, you are seeing an "excuse" from NIPM, the NI Package Manager (which is also the Installer for NI software).  In my experience, what has gone wrong is that one of the required NI Services has gone missing, probably by being "installed", but not started.  Once this happens, it appears that there is no (easy) way to start it up -- the only fix seems to be to remove all NI Software and Try Again.  My most recent "reinstallation" attempt was yesterday -- it took two tries, but I was ultimately successful.

If you decide to go down this path, do a Web search for "How do I remove all National Instruments Software?"  [You might need to phrase this slightly differently].  Be sure to follow the directions, and do not attempt to edit the Registry (three years ago I tried this, which led to me reformating my C: drive and reinstalling Windows and everything else from scratch).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,952 Views)

Hi Bob,

Problem solved after fighting with the laptop OEM recovery. I ended up doing a complete SSD memory wipe resetting everything to 0's. Reinstalling Windows 10 on my larger SSD as C drive then NXG installed smoothly.

I think the issue was due to changing registry settings (as you mention) on last download attempt (based on an NI KB that has since been removed) and it lost it's pointer to the package.

Thanks for the help.

Pete

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,903 Views)

Ouch!  But I did this to myself twice a few years ago, so now I always say "Don't touch the Registry when dealing with LabVIEW".

Glad you're back up.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,888 Views)