LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with trigger express vi signal "blinking"

Hello all, 

I am new to Labview and I am using the program to create a virtual function generator and oscilloscope for a class project. I am trying to use the trigger express VI, but the input waveform signal flickers (or blinks, take your pick) when the trigger is activated. I have tried changing all of the different parameters of the VI, but none of them give me a steady signal image. I wonder if anyone has a solution for what I can do to produce a steady image, just like when you set the trigger function in an actual o-scope. 

I have attached my VI below. 

Thanks for your help out there!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,871 Views)

I'm not certain where the quite-complex LabVIEW code you attached came from, but it's not appropriate for debugging by someone who is "new to LabVIEW".  There are a lot of different things going on in this physically-large program, written without any sub-VIs, no comments, no easy way to understand what it should be doing, ...

For a more practical solution, I'd suggest finding a LabVIEW Guru who can come and sit with you and watch this code in operation on your equipment (I don't even know what hardware this is running on).  He (or she) will probably isolate small pieces of code and do some "exploration" to figure out what this code is supposed to do.  One simplification would be to create a 1-channel system, with perhaps no "options" (i.e. replace all the controls with constants to figure out intended function).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,828 Views)