From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when using Password in G Webserver with Internet Toolkit

Hi,

I am developing some distance-learning applications, and I need to make the Vi's only accessible by username and password, and the best solution to me so far is protecting my VI's with the tutorial found here. I did all the steps mentioned in this link, but  when I  try to open some vi that is in my labview/www folder, it opens normally without asking me to input username and password.

I dont know if I am doing something wrong, so any help will be aprreciated. In another thread, some person said that a plugin would be needed, I tryied to install it but it says that Internet Toolkit 6.0 its not properly installed( I guess that my Internet Toolkit is newer that 6.0).

These are my htaccess, grp and pwd files, they are all in my labview/www folder. I also attached a picture to show my G Web Server configuration. My LabVIEW Version is Professional, 2009.

HTACCESS:

AuthName "Test"
AuthUserFile pwd.txt
AuthGroupFile grp.txt

<Limit GET POST>
require group group1
require user fabio
require user aluno
</Limit>

GRP:

group1:fabio
group2:aluno