LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue finding Keysight 34450A DMM once exe is deployed

Hello - 

I am experiencing an issue with finding a Keysight 34450A DMM.

I developed a piece of functional test software that connects with a few different devices (DMM, power supply, FTDI chips, etc). On the PC that the software was developed and tested on, the DMM was plugged in via USB and was assigned an alias of 0xB318(this is from the model code). I was able to find and communicate, read, etc with the meter just fine. I should also note that the VISA info is listed in a config file and it's then searched for. 

Now that the application has been deployed on the testing PC, it says it cannot find the device, throwing error (VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.) On NI MAX, I am able to view the device, send an *IDN? command and receive no errors. I have tried changing the alias name in NI max and the config file but I have had no luck. The application also pulls the config file values without issue as well. 

Is there some drivers I might be missing or is there something else I should look at? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,907 Views)

How does your LabVIEW program select the device? Is it hard coded? Perhaps allow the user to select the device before running using a control so he can choose the device as it will be enumerated differently on another computer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,864 Views)