LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue: Annotation position not following on WinXP vs Win7

Strange behavior that I cannot find a solution to.

On my waveform graph, I have annotations that are set to 20% of the full viewable graph.  So, if you zoom into the graph, the annotation will still be placed 20% from the left edge of the graph.  Works great on my Win7 development PC, even as an executable.

On a deployment PC running WinXP, the offset values for the annotation are off.  The Arrows track fine and match both deployments, but the Annotation text offset does not match.

-  On deployment PC, Label X-offset of annotation is set to 0 and annotation text is right under the arrow at 20% from the x=0.  But interestingly, all I need to do is change the Index as I scroll the graph and the annotation remains right under the arrow. 

-  On WinXP PC, the Label X-offset is also set to 0, but the annotation text is right at X=0 (instead of 20% of x-scale).  I have to adjust the X-offset to = the Index value for the annotation to remain right under the arrow.

So, depending on the deployment Windows version, I need to have two configurations.  I tested deployment on another Win7 32bit PC and found the same differences.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,951 Views)

A screen cap of the difference would help.

If you are using the LabVIEW built-in font (diaolog/system/application), the font will change between WinXP and Win7 (it should be larger in defualt Win7), which may expalin your shifts.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,948 Views)