From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue: Annotation position not following on WinXP vs Win7

Strange behavior that I cannot find a solution to.

On my waveform graph, I have annotations that are set to 20% of the full viewable graph.  So, if you zoom into the graph, the annotation will still be placed 20% from the left edge of the graph.  Works great on my Win7 development PC, even as an executable.

On a deployment PC running WinXP, the offset values for the annotation are off.  The Arrows track fine and match both deployments, but the Annotation text offset does not match.

-  On deployment PC, Label X-offset of annotation is set to 0 and annotation text is right under the arrow at 20% from the x=0.  But interestingly, all I need to do is change the Index as I scroll the graph and the annotation remains right under the arrow. 

-  On WinXP PC, the Label X-offset is also set to 0, but the annotation text is right at X=0 (instead of 20% of x-scale).  I have to adjust the X-offset to = the Index value for the annotation to remain right under the arrow.

So, depending on the deployment Windows version, I need to have two configurations.  I tested deployment on another Win7 32bit PC and found the same differences.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,949 Views)

A screen cap of the difference would help.

If you are using the LabVIEW built-in font (diaolog/system/application), the font will change between WinXP and Win7 (it should be larger in defualt Win7), which may expalin your shifts.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,946 Views)