From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the right way to think about Actor hierarchy?

I'm looking for critique of my Actor hierarchy pictured below.  I'm new to this so I'm quite sure how to think about it.

My plan:

Application Module (root actor).  - Loads application configurations, launches nested actors(blue), waits for user input from Main Menu 

Main Menu - Choose what test to run, as well as hardware type (real of simulated).  Launch Nested UI for the Test.  Wait for input from Test Controller

HAL/SAL - Launch and monitor hardware nested actors (Full disclosure I just learned what HAL stands for and I'm not sure I'm using this term correctly)

PXI - Do PXI things, launch and monitor nested PXI Slot actors

CDuck_0-1599688046377.png

Please advise! Even just a link to a good break down of how to think about Actor hierarchies when used for hardware testing would be appreciated.  I've tried to find some examples but I haven't had much luck finding a collection of them that would lead me to discovering common patterns.

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(869 Views)

I found this resource very useful.  I think my plan is not too far off from this guide

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/How-to-Mitigate-Hardware-Obsolescence-in-Next-Generation-Test/...

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(825 Views)