LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there option to not display the increment/decrement buttons by default when changing a numeric indicator to a control?

Is it possible to not have LabVIEW display the increment/decrement buttons when a numeric indicator is changed to a control?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,524 Views)
I don't think so.  As far as I know there is no option in tools->options, and I couldn't find anything about that for an .ini file.  Someone more knowledgable might be able to find it, but I'm leaning towards no.

Message Edited by Novatron on 06-13-2006 02:17 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,530 Views)
I often provide systems that uses clusters to display (indicate) data and then copy them to controls for user input in other parts of the program.  The automatic display of the increment buttons is simply a nuisance.  Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,521 Views)
If I understand you correctly, the attached image might help.

Though I cannot (not to say someone else couldn't) think of a way to do it by default, you can do it programmatically. Your further explanation led me to the image attached. If I haven't gotten it, post a more detailed version of what you're going for.

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by Novatron on 06-13-2006 03:17 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,519 Views)
You can use the paint brush tool to change the increment/decrement part of the numeric control to Transparent...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,505 Views)
Right click on the control and select Visible Items>Increment/Decrement.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,497 Views)