LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to change the list of "Items Symbols" in a dialog ListBox?

Is there any way to change the list of "Items Symbols" in a dialog ListBox (meaning replacing the images in the list by some of my choice)?
So far I am suspecting that the answer is no, but I am hopping to be wrong 🙂

I am asking this question because I am using MultipleFileSelection vi from ni Developer Zone and I really do not like the current icones (Items Symbols) for files, directory...

I have made another one (MultiFileSelection) with Free DirectX Control, but (even though it look great) it does not allow me to do multi selection in my file list so I can add only one file at a time in the "selected file" list.

So I have another related question:
Is there around here another mult
i file selection vi (for windows plateform only) with standart windows icones as "symbol items" ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,373 Views)
At the moment, there is no way to use user-defined symbols in a Listbox.

The example you mentioned is the only one on our web site. A user responded on another discussion to a question similar to yours http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=506500000008000000F5160000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General
by suggesting using a Windows API call.

I suggest putting your icons in a picture ring and creating an array of the rings. With careful placement and coloring you can make the array of picture rings look like it corresponds to the list. Once you get everything placed, you should defiantly group the controls so that they will not move.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,373 Views)