LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way that I can recognize which frame is running in the flat sequence ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I'd like to know whether there is any way that I can recognize which frame is running in the flat sequence ?

If I have five frames in the flat sequence, I want to keep track of each frame in the front panel visually. I'm using LV8.2

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Yoon

Message Edited by swsyoon on 06-26-2009 11:53 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,420 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author swsyoon
You could put a local variable in every frame and update that with a constant. Of course, this is really bad implementation and I would highly recommend developing a state machine architecture since what you are doing is NOT the right way to program in LabVIEW. For a template, go to File -> New.. and have a look at the Standard State Machine in the Design Patterns directory.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,411 Views)
This can be done easily several ways, I say have an enum, or just a numeric indicator, with local variables in each state of the structure.  In the first case write a 1 to the indicator, the second one write a 2, and so on.  Then when you program gets to that part of the code the indicator will be updated displaying what frame it is in.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,407 Views)

Thank you very much for your replys. It helps a lot.

Yoon

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,404 Views)