LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any special way to acquire a transient signal and perform analysis on it in LabVIEW?

Hi ,

I am new to LabVIEW so please pardon any stupid questions. Smiley HappyI will be acquiring real time data on a cantilever beam with accels mounted on it. The beam will be subjected to transient signals (chirp). I want to perform averaging, do an FFT on it, get coherence and the autopower and display the data on a graph. I would prefer using the same VI that I have made to acquire the data with some modifications to perform the further analysis. Does LabVIEW contain any specific VIs that can allow me do this? I would appreciate any other suggestions. I have attached my VI for reference. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,295 Views)

Hi guys,

Can anyone please send me a reply to my question? Its kinda urgent.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,276 Views)

@ksurdi wrote:

Hi ,

I want to perform averaging, do an FFT on it, ...

You can do averaging with the Mean vi found in the palette Mathematics - Probability & Statistics.  You can find FFT functions in Signal Processing - Waveform Measurements.  If there is a function you need and are not sure of where to find it, use the search button, top right corner of the functions palette.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,269 Views)