LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any documentation/explanation I could read on the CompactRio NI 9237 C series module example code?

NI 9237 FRONT PANEL PICTURE.png

So I'm very new to LabView and struggling to understand the example code for the C Series NI 9237. I've set up my load cell, module, and the LabView Getting Started NI 9237 example code. So far everything is working and I can see an input from my load cell. 

However I was wondering if there was an documentation I could read on this example program about the parameters on the FrontPanel. I don't fully understand many of the input parameters (For example Poisson's Ratio) and the meaning/effect it will have on my data. My load cell spec sheet doesn't specify a lot of the parameters besides Bridge resistance. 

I also don't understand the graphed output either, and why I have essentially four data lines and the FPGA error out. 

The example code can be found under the NI 9237 example finder

>>Hardware input and output >>compactrio>>Module SpecificIO>> Analog Input>>NI 9237

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,760 Views)

Quick edit. The example code can be found under the LABVIEW example finder

>>Hardware input and output >>compactrio>>Module SpecificIO>> Analog Input>>NI 9237

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,739 Views)

I would look at the other examples that show up under an Example Finder search of "9237"

Good links:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370984R-01/criodevicehelp/crio-9237/

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370984R-01/criodevicehelp/9237_reading_data/

Terms not explained in the code may be more general terms that could be read about in a text book or similar source.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
Message 3 of 5
(2,731 Views)

If you open the host VI and follow the control, you will see that Poisson's Ratio gets used in

\examples\CompactRIO\Module Specific\NI 9237\NI 9237 Getting Started\Ratio to Microstrain (SubVI).vi

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
Message 4 of 5
(2,728 Views)