From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an equivalent of getimage method in NXG?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to capture the chart image, graph image or an image of the gvi and save it to a file in Labview NXG?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,410 Views)

The purpose is to email the current state of the .gvi as an attachment in NXG.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,299 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author simple_logic

Hi there, 

Currently there are certain controls in NXG that you can right-click on and export the image/data, but there is not yet a programmatic way to do this (we're working on it though). What kind of file format are you wanting for the captured image of your VI panel? What is the end use of the image (using in a report, just using for quick debugging/reporting, etc.)? 

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,250 Views)

Rita,

It would be ideal if we could save the contents of a gvi as a pdf. This enables rapid reporting, which plays into your strengths as the leader in instrument control and data collection. 

If that is not possible, a simple jpg/png file is sufficient for quick debugging/reporting purposes.

Message 4 of 6
(2,163 Views)

Hi to all,

is there any news on this?

I'm converting LV18 code to NXG and we used to export JPGs of XY-Graphs for reporting.

regards,

Sergio

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,114 Views)

Thanks for the feedback! I can confirm this is on our backlog and we've prioritized this for a future release. You won't find this programmatic functionality in NXG 4.0 or the May 5.0 release, but in the meantime you can do the manual right-click method or use some of the Word and Excel reporting tools (though I recognize that's not quite the same). 

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,102 Views)