LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an NI module that can drive a pump at 320 mA?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have to design a cuff that extracts the blood pressure waveform from a patient's wrist.  The pump that I have to use to pressurize the cuff needs to be driven by an NI module(a part of the Signal Conditioning Circuit maybe?). The pump that I found that does work needs 320 mA to be driven. Is there a module that could provide that kind of current? Where can I find that amount of current that these modules can provide? 

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,257 Views)
What kind of motor it has? servo, stepper or DC? They have very different drivers. I guess you can test with a motor driver IC to start with. There are plenty if you do a google search.
Message 2 of 3
(2,250 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Mukul

Hey Mukul,

What sort of signal are you looking for? It sounds like what you are looking for is a power supply for your pump. Is that correct? If this is the case, a DIO device may not really be what you are interested in. There are a few power supply options within the PXI form factor that you may be interested in (PXI-4130). However, I am not sure this is quite what you are looking for. Perhaps a better description of what type of device and signal you are looking for would be helpful. 

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
Message 3 of 3
(2,223 Views)