From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to undo the Ctrl+click+drag BD expansion after the fact?

I had an internet help make some simple code additions for me and in the process expanded my BD to a degree that it is very bothersome to work on.  She left me with a large gap in the center of my code, then saved it.  Is there a method that does the opposite of Ctrl+right click+drag?

I basically need to move half of a state machine loop(s) and all included VIs on that half of the BD at once?  Don't want to manually move 20+ cases worth of VIs individually if I can help it.

Now the real question - Why does an intern have a bigger screen than I do?!?!?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,329 Views)

roll back to a previous version in source control? Cat Wink

Once it's saved you're pretty much SOL. 

See if the block diagram cleanup makes things manageable. :dunno

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,328 Views)

If you're lucky the code cleanup tool (ctrl+u) can help.

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,313 Views)

Block diagram clean up doesn't work, it actually makes things worse.  Too much done already to revert back a version.

If nobody else has any ideas, I'll just deal with it in the mean time and make her fix it later.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,305 Views)

@AMP12 wrote:

[...]  and make her fix it later.

And take away her large monitor.  When I was an intern we didn't have large monitors, we programmed using...  Ah, forget it; you kids wouldn't understand.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 6 of 10
(3,283 Views)

I'd be tempted to take the intern's large monitor away and then ask them to correct the problem.  I think I've got an old EGA monitor around here somewhere.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
(3,280 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

@AMP12 wrote:

[...]  and make her fix it later.

And take away her large monitor.  When I was an intern we didn't have large monitors, we programmed using... 

An Etch-A-Sketch? Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,275 Views)

laptop.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 9 of 10
(3,255 Views)

ctrl+u  can be tuned in the LabVIEW ini to provide better results.  I have not found a magical setting for it yet.  (My BDs don't usually get too bad)  but I think a reasonable BD Clean-up is achievable with some persistance (try it- undo -reset- try it again)  Take snapshots along the way.  Perhaps even try 1 setting Optomized vertically and reset to optomized Horizontally and clean again.  (That technique seams to hold the most promise IMHO.)

Now, What were you doing giving a chunk of code to an intern WITHOUT a style guide requirement and supervision?

see post 17 here  You are not aloneSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 10
(3,214 Views)