From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to stop a SubVI from the main VI?

Solved!
Go to solution

@LearningLabVIEW wrote:

What is that icon with the gear wheel? I am not seeing it in my functions pallet.

These pictures are actually LabVIEW snippets, so you can just download them and then drag the image to the block diagram and they will turn into real code.

Message 11 of 13
(591 Views)

I would suggest that when you have followed the advice of doing some tutorials, create sample code and post it here. Then we can give better advice.

As to the initial question "I want to give the user the option to hit a stop button and that button in the main vi will stop the sub vi while it is running", there are many ways to achieve this. Here is one way (just showing a picture so you can learn where to find the things and do it yourself):

thols_0-1638782791290.png

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(568 Views)

@LearningLabVIEW wrote:

What is that icon with the gear wheel? I am not seeing it in my functions pallet.

Variant To Data.

Found in Cluster, Class & Variant>Variant or Connectivity>Variant, or use quick drop.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(554 Views)