LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to reset a SubVI without affecting the Main VI.

There is a subVI(boxed in red) that I'm utilizing to analysis conductance data over time. Within, there are some values that need to be reset every time a new test begins (End ms, End ms out, # of retest, and Test Duration). Currently, I considered using the Initialize all to Default for the overall VI, but using it at the end would delete the pass/fail data the operator needs to review. If I use it at the beginning, then it would delete any new information the user has inputted for the next test. Is there a way to reset a specific SubVI to it's default values without affecting the main VI?  

gvcrow_2-1648404417843.png

gvcrow_1-1648404010271.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(765 Views)

@gvcrow wrote:

Is there a way to reset a specific SubVI to it's default values without affecting the main VI?  

Yes, of course. But helping is nearly impossible by looking at pictures. Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(744 Views)

Fair enough. I'm guessing you would need the project itself?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(734 Views)

Probably just the caller and subVI. Too many unknowns.

It is highly unusual to wire controls to the global initializer terminal of feedback nodes. These are only read once during the run and are thus ignored later. I wonder if that has something to do with your problem.

altenbach_0-1648417594278.png

How do you know when to initialize the subVI (whatever you mean by that). Typically you would have a "initialize?" boolean input.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(721 Views)