From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make table entries vertical rather than horizontal?

I am wanting to make custom x-axis values which are names of sensors rather than numbers so i was going to just place a table to make the custom values.  But i do not think Labview will allow vertical text like it is in the y-axis units.  It only allows this for captions and labels.  Does anyone know?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(13,770 Views)

Seems that you are right : no way to change the text orientation in most LabVIEW indicators.

Except one : the picture indicator. There you can change the text orientation. And since the tools to create custom graphs have been provided (see the Graphics and Sound > Picture plots sub-palette), your problem can be solved, of course with some programing work.

Things could be more comfortable if NI developpers could spend some time to improve the LV graphs. BTW, there is still no simple way to change programatically a graph frame color. Or have I missed something ?

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(13,755 Views)

Here is a quick demo that is a bit more robust and picks-up on CC's suggestion.

It simply uses a picture control with a transparent background to hold the text labels.

It is in LV 8.0 but should be code-able back to 6.1.

This VI is suitable for use in creating an XControl.

Anyone game? Smiley Happy

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 09-17-2006 10:48 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Download All
Message 4 of 7
(13,730 Views)
Ben,
Message Edité par chilly charly le 09-17-2006 06:14 PM

Sorry , no stars yet because of there is a terrible bug :
while rotating the text, the strings are scrambled : for instance sensor is changed into senosr

Message Edité par chilly charly le 09-17-2006 06:18 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 5 of 7
(13,722 Views)
Well actually,

it looks like a colleague of mine wrote the array (he is dyslectic)
And i think the code is very helpful!

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 6 of 7
(13,688 Views)
I really appreciate it guys, this should work just the way i need it too.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(13,665 Views)