From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get disabled VI block diagrams in .exe excutable file?

I have few disabled VI block diagrams in my old executable file, please help us a way to get the disabled block diagrams in .exe file.

Environment LabView : 6i

Thanks,

Ashok

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(807 Views)

Unfortunately, you cannot decode an EXE to get the VI

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(798 Views)

The block diagrams in a build executable are NOT disabled. They are simply not there, nada, futschi, gone!

There is NO way to get them back, as they don't exist in the executable.

You will need to find the source code that was used to build that executable.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(793 Views)

There may be a chance that exe was created with debugging enabled. If this is true, it may contain the diagrams You are after. Check this: https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/Debugging_Executables

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(766 Views)

@LLindenbauer wrote:

There may be a chance that exe was created with debugging enabled. If this is true, it may contain the diagrams You are after. Check this: https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/Debugging_Executables

While this is technically true, 99.9% of all LabVIEW executables that get distributed for real use by someone else than the programmer, are build with debugging disabled and therefore the diagrams removed. Mostly because that is the default, but also partly because many people build executables to have their diagrams not exposed (be it to protect precious IP or save themselves from embarrassment for the spaghetti diagram 😁 ).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 5
(750 Views)