LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get around having a VISA source and 1D array of VISA session of class sink?

Solved!
Go to solution

I get an error "These cannot be wired together because their data types (numeric, string, array, cluster, etc.) do not match. Show the Context Help window to see what data type is required. The type of the source is VISA session of class. The type of the sink is 1D array of VISA session of class."

Is there a way to convert the data so these can we used together? I tried to use "build array" but that does not carry the value correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,043 Views)

Hi Learning,

mind to share your VI to have us debug your problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,033 Views)

@LearningLabVIEW wrote:

I get an error "These cannot be wired together because their data types (numeric, string, array, cluster, etc.) do not match. Show the Context Help window to see what data type is required. The type of the source is VISA session of class. The type of the sink is 1D array of VISA session of class."

Is there a way to convert the data so these can we used together? I tried to use "build array" but that does not carry the value correctly.

1. We need to see your code, not a picture but the actual VI with the error or a scaled down VI with the error.
  2. More clarification is needed:
    1. Are you trying to create an array of VISA resources?
    2. Are you trying to make an array contain more than one data type?
  3. Arrays can only contain one data type if you want to "bundle" different data types together use a Cluster
    1. You can have both and array of clusters and a cluster of arrays.
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,004 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LearningLabVIEW

Solved this issue with using a cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(952 Views)

Can you give me some tips on how to use cluster for conversion?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(361 Views)