From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get a card with 5.1 drivers to work with labview 6.1?

I have a quatech card that is only supported with drivers for labview 5.x. I however, have 6.1 and cannot get the card to work.

Is there any way, other than finding an old copy of labview on e-bay, to get 6.1 to communicate with the 5.x drivers?

The company whose card it is has been rather unhelpful so far, so I was hoping someone here might have an idea.

Thanks,

Dave Neumann
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,362 Views)
What form do the drivers for this card take? If the code calls DLLs you should be able to rework them for V6.1. If they are code interface nodes, you might be hosed.

Another possibility is to check with the vendor and see if they make new up-to-date DLL-based drivers for the card. You might have to buy them, but they should allow you to get things talking.

Finally, ebay is worth a try. A couple weeks ago there was a guy selling a bunch of DAQ stuff and a copy of LV5 was included in the lot.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,362 Views)
Thanks Mike.

The problem here is that I am NOT a software guy. I program FPGAs normally, so rewriting a driver is well beyond my skill or knowledge.

Also, the vendor did tell me they have no newer drivers.

Oh well, Labview 5.1 on Ebay....current bid 152.00.

There's always hope, I guess.

Thanks again,

Dave Neumann
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,362 Views)
Email me the drivers you have and let me look at them. I can at least tell you how big the problem is that you are facing--and I might be able to get them to work.

Also, if it isn't obvious from the drivers, tell me what model board the drivers are for.

Mike...
mlportersr@webtv.net

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,362 Views)