LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to end communication with a PCMCIA card via LabVIEW?

The way I end it now is inconvenient and I would like to be able to do it through my programs instead of just on the CPU.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,394 Views)

You will need to provide more information:

• What kind of communication?
  • What is the PCMCIA card/
  • What method are you currently using?
  • What is inconvenient about it?
  • What do you mean by "I would like to be able to do it through my programs instead of just on the CPU"? I don't understand the "instead of just on the CPU" part.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,372 Views)

Currently, I am using a laptop and a MAGMA (manufacturer) PCI expansion box. The PCI MAGMA box holds our instruments. The MAGMA box is connected to the laptop via a PCMCIA cardbus slot.

Right now, the only way to stop the card is by shutting down the LabVIEW program then hitting the 'safely remove hardware' button on the toolbar of the desktop, similiar to stopping an external hard drive.

What I would like to do is place a button in my software that says 'disconnect hardware' which will stop communication between the PCMCIA card and the box which in return will allow me to move my hardware for further tests without shutting down my program. This may also require a calling function to connecty back to the card nus and slot. Any information would be helpful. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,354 Views)
I'm not familiar with that device, so you would need to look into the documentation as to what's involved in "terminating the communication". As for safely removing the hardware you can do this using the Windows API. You can also try the tool posted in this KB article: Programmatically Rendering Hardware Safe to Remove.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,351 Views)
It is also a windows command line tool http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272 This is newer with 64bit support

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,348 Views)