LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a linear equations VI thatI can use for inputting the coefficients with variables attached to them? Thank you.

Is there a linear equation VI that I can use for inputting the coefficients with variables attached to them? I am currently studying elec engineering and am in the thick of transient analysis. It is very time consuming figuring the mesh and nodal analysis in the transform domain. With 3 branches in a mesh analysis the resistors, inductors and capacitors are represented with variable s in them. I need to determine in the transform domain then convert to the time domain. One equation goes like this: (3+2s+1/4s)i1s - (2s)i2s - (1/4s)i3s = 6/s -6. The other equations are similar. I must keep the variable s in the equation and solve it with s in the result. I made several VIs for determining simultaneous linear equations some for complex numbers and they work great. This one has me a little stumped. I thinking that maybe Labview doesn't have a VI for this. The other VIs were fine because you just plugged in the numbers and ran the VI and got your result. Any VIs that do LaPlace transform operations?
Thank you.
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,412 Views)
There are some vi's in the Advanced Analysis package under Analyze->Mathematics->Polynomials. Hopefully you can take a look at these.
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,399 Views)
Hello Tom,

You can find a VI for doing Laplace transforms in Functions->Analyze->Signal Processing->Frequency Domain (this VI is only available in the Full and Professional versions).

You may also find the following tutorial of help in working with linear systems in LabVIEW.

Linear Systems in LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,380 Views)
Thank you, Matt.
Unfortunately personnally I only have the student editions of 6.0 and 7.0. Guess that's why I couldn't find any of those VIs. Oh well, just have to do all the algebra by hand even though it is time consuming.
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,373 Views)