LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a canned VI that implements the Steinhart–Hart equation for Thermistors in LabVIEW FPGA?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a requirement to measure temperature data via thermistors and perform certain actions *with high reliability* if the temperature goes out of limit.  Due to the high-reliability requirement, the CompactRIO seems like the ideal candidate.  I'm curious if there is already a pre-canned VI which works under LabVIEW FPGA (even better if it's optimized for it) which will convert the voltage readings across the thermistor to temperature values given the coefficients of the Steinhart-Hart equation.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,676 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SeanDonner

Hi Sean,

I was not able to find any example or code that is already built for FPGA and the Steinhart–Hart equation, you can always program it and fun some tests to verify the time response of your system.

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,643 Views)
Thanks for looking Steve. If we do go this route, i'll be sure to add my code to the dev community so others can benefit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,637 Views)

Sean,

I am a Field Enginner with National Instruments.

We are considering doing this as well with one of my customers in order to add a fourth coefficient to the Steinhart-Hart.

While I don't see any issues, I thought I'd check to see how your experience was before diving in.

Thanks,

Daniel

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,577 Views)