From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a bug with calling 'eval' from a mathscipt node in a LV exe as of LV 8.2?

Hi.

I have a large LV VI that calls dynamic VIs, and one of these VIs has a mathscript node that calls a script that has an 'eval' operation.

The VI runs properly.

I made an executable.  And though the dyamic VIs are called properly, it now generates a -90001 error at that mathscript node and
I've traced it down to the eval line.

There is also an sprintf on that line, but I saw a LV 8.5 fixed bugs list that made some kind of a reference to 'eval' but wasn't clear
as to the nature of the problem.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,138 Views)

I believe you are referring to CAR 41K7AIKQ entitled "eval function needs to be blocked from the run-time engine" linked in the LabVIEW 8.5 bug fixes document.

The root of this CAR is that the eval function is not supported in the runtime engine, yet this wasn't documented in LabVIEW 8.2.  The net result is that in the 8.2 help for eval, there's no mention that it is actually unsupported in the runtime, but in the 8.5 help, there is.  This and you would receive a more descriptive error saying "'Function not available (RTE)" instead of the generic -90001 which is "A problem occurred in a subVI call".

Regards,

Craig D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,113 Views)