LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a better way to generate custom timed digital Signals

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to generate digital output of high and lows with particular delays on different lines. Each daq assistant is activating single line on a port on USB 6501. There more complex high and lows that I need to generate with variable time difference between high and low. There is codebelow which accomplishes what I am trying to achieve but for executing a long pattern of high and low signal is very time consuming to do this way. I am sure there is a better way to do this, I  not a expert on labview so I haven't uncovered its full potential. Can anybody suggest a more effective and a quick way to do this. I would hgihly appreciate. Thanks!

I have not shown in the code below but through DAQ assistant I have initialized lines to low level logic.

High Low.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,410 Views)

First you need to get rid of the DAQ assistance. They are slow and clumsy. They need to be replace with real code to ever have a chance at precise timing.

What kind of timing accuracy are you looking to achieve?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,408 Views)

Not very concerned with accuracy as long it is +/-50ms. But my code is expanding, and this causing build, compilation very slow. I defintely need to get rid of DAQ-assistant but I don't know any other approach.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,405 Views)

Can you post your code so that I can help you. It would be much easier to help with real code.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,392 Views)

That is the real code. I want to know how to make it less bulky and more efficient.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,390 Views)

No that is a picture of the real code. Can you make a vi of the section that you attached and save it so that I can help.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,388 Views)

My whole code is basically bunch of these but different sequence of lines and high and low and hey are very long. All these units are triggered by switches (Array + switch).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,387 Views)

OKay

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,386 Views)

See the attached file

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,381 Views)

Are you going to have more that one DAQ card installed in your system?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,370 Views)