From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a better way to do the following with strings....

@billko wrote:

@DailyDose wrote:

@billko wrote:

I'm going to comment that (per the detailed help) setting that property to a negative number will set the scroll position to the bottom.  But other than that, that's what I do.  But I hope someone else has a more elegant solution.

So I guess this actually gets into a debate of what is elegant.  The input is an unsigned 32 bit.  So sure, a -1 for a signed 32 bit gives you exactly what I have unsigned.  So the question of elegance becomes - do we like coercion dots, or do we like big fat numbers?

What is interesting about this is that somewhere in its history it must've been an i32 because I always right-click to make the constant, and U32 won't let you enter negative numbers.  Either that, or I just shrugged when it wouldn't let me enter a negative number and I changed it myself and forgot that part.

It was a U32 at least as far back as LabVIEW 3.1.1 (yes, I just tried it).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(229 Views)

i put that functionality into an XControl a long time ago.  It even has a little lock button at the lower right to turn the feature on & off.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 12 of 12
(227 Views)