LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Simple Way to Detect Mouse Down event Anywhere but a Specific Control

Solved!
Go to solution

So I need to detect a mouse down event, anywhere but a specific control.  I'm planning on doing this by obtaining references to all front panel objects which support that event (panes, controls, etc) and then registering a dynamic event so I don't have to manually add all the events to a case.

I'm wondering if there is a simpler way to do this, some mouse down event that I don't know about that is triggered anytime there is a mouse click, not just on a specific control?

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,837 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blackburnite

Hi!

You can do this with an event structure and pointing onto your 'pane' Event Source'.

If you have several panes in your app, you might need to listen to all panes.

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,826 Views)

Yes that's what I've decided to do.  For some reason I thought that only worked if you specifically clicked on the pane, not a control in the pane but evidently that's not the case.

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,822 Views)