LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a LabVIEW on-screen keyboard/number pad?

Hi!

I am creating a touch panel program for a machine control application.  I have a third-party XPembedded touch panel computer and am using LabVIEW with the touch panel deployment option.  I need an on-screen keyboard and on-screen number pad.  I have figured out how to use the Windows on-screen keyboard, but it is very small (you would need a stylus to use it) and it can only be opened using command prompts (so if the user were to minimize the keyboard while the application is running, there would be no way to programmatically bring up the keyboard again).  

The key things are: 

- Can be programmatically opened and closed (I am currently using System Exec.vi to open the windows on-screen keyboard)

- Large buttons that can be pressed using a finger on the touch screen

-Simple (don't need anything except letters, numbers, and shift)

-Ideally have a separate numberpad that I can use when only entering numbers. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance! 

Rebecca

Rebecca Abbott

Serica Technologies, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(20,644 Views)

I found this doing a Google search - looks neet but haven't tried it.

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-1062

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(20,634 Views)

Some third party touch pad monitors have an optional add on for a pop up keyboard.

Here is a numeric keypad in LV 8.6.1 you can try

Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(20,630 Views)
I made these.
Tim
GHSP
Download All
Message 4 of 16
(20,604 Views)

Also, I believe that there should be an option from the start menu to open the Windows On-Screen Keyboard:

Start » Programs » Accessories » Accessibility » On-Screen Keyboard

Hopefully that helps!

Chris_G
Sr Test Engineer
Medtronic, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(20,550 Views)

Aeastet

just some friendly critisim on your keyboard.vi

1.   try not to use stacked sequences

2.   you are spinning this loop every 50ms when you should be waiting for a user input

a. try removing the timeout event and placing the string indicator outside of the event structure

keyboard_mod.png

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
Message 6 of 16
(20,538 Views)

Thank you all for your help.  A few of these solutions will work.  I like the number pads and keyboards you have made with LabVIEW.  They are simple and big enough for the touch panel.  I will use one of those and tweak it a little bit for my application.

Thanks again!

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(20,528 Views)

Adnan Z wrote:

Thank you all for your help.  A few of these solutions will work.  I like the number pads and keyboards you have made with LabVIEW.  They are simple and big enough for the touch panel.  I will use one of those and tweak it a little bit for my application.

Thanks again!

?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(20,514 Views)
Thanks for the feedback. This is actually very old code that I had just sitting around. I try and upgrade things as I use them and I have not used this one in a long time. I normally do not use stacked sequences any more but they are good once in a while. I had the time out on this for a reason I just don't remember why.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(20,508 Views)

iam searching for that

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(15,782 Views)