LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there Silver decorations?

Hi 

in 2011 we have the silver buttoms but if I want to build a UI, I still have to use the system decorations.

Is there a release for the silver UI decorations?

Wilbur

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,509 Views)

Not at this time. This may be included in a future release of LabVIEW. If you wish, you can post an idea in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,506 Views)

The Silver decorations are not in the palettes but you can copy them out of the Silver controls using the Control Editor. There is also a VI that collects all the new decorations at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17431

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,267 Views)

There is mention of a "Secret ini tag" in the linked PDF on the page above.

Care to share it?

Otherwise, the benefit of these new decorations is limited...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,918 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

The Silver decorations are not in the palettes but you can copy them out of the Silver controls using the Control Editor. There is also a VI that collects all the new decorations at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17431

I too am interested in the super secret INI key.  I realize the undocumented nature of it, and the potential for unexpected results.  I'd also hoped that by 2013 NI would have had the time to document this and release it officially but I guess there isn't a huge push by the community for this, otherwise NI would devote more resources to it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,866 Views)

I don't think there could be any detrimental effect and NI (Christina) just forgot to disclose the ini key.

Maybe sending her a message could fix that?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,830 Views)

I don't want the INI key posted online because it isn't "safe." It gives you low-level access to setting the properties of the control parts that define resizing behavior, and some of these properties would certainly behave badly if set in combination with each other.

I'm happy to give out the key if you direct message and me and make it clear that you understand this isn't a published interface and you promise to use it carefully. 🙂

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 7 of 7
(2,778 Views)