LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Unit Test Framework kind of buggy for anyone else?

I don't use the official UTF a lot, but I'm trying to get better at it, but I feel like every time I try to use it it's a bit glitchy. I can't put my finger on a repeatable bug, but it seems like some of my input values or output values will change without warning, or sometimes test cases will fail, I'll restart LabVIEW, then they're working again. I have tried to reproduce the bugs but I can't quite nail it down.

I'm also using it with classes, which may or may not affect things.

Is it just me? Maybe I have a corrupted installation and need to reinstall the UTF 😕

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,047 Views)

Found a specific issue I can actually report!

I have maybe 4 classes that each have similar unit tests in this library, each of which has 3-4 test values. I did some mods to a function, and "class A" failed.

I right clicked class A, ran it, failed (cases 1 and 4 passed, 2 and 3 failed.)

I opened up the UTF editor, ran test 1, passed. Ran test 2, passed. Ran test 3, passed. Ran test 4, passed. Closed the UTF editor, right click on that same test, run, tests 1 and 4 passed, 2 and 3 failed.

I have tests that fail or not depending on if I run them in the test case editor or from the project. Clearly there is some default/non-default value getting stored somewhere, but darned if I can figure out what that issue is!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,019 Views)

Annd looks like I found my culprit. Despite having the box checked for "set this value" on my Setup VI, opening the unit test description file had that field set to "Ignore". Changing that manually to Set seemed to fix it. Somehow the UTF *display* got out of sync with the actual UTF. Now my test seems to work... ugh.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,013 Views)