LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the NI 1426 frame grabber compatible with a Line/Linear array scanner?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is the NI 1426 frame grabber compatible with a Line/Linear array scanner?

I am currently doing a feasibility study of project which uses NI 1426 frame grabber and a Linear Array Scanner, and I would like to know if they are compatible with each other.

Thanks in advance

Sandeeo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,076 Views)

Difficult to answer without more details.  Is this a line scan camera?  Then probably, yes.  If this is like a document scanner, I'm not sure.  They generally don't come with Camera Link interfaces.

I have interfaced a Dalsa line scan camera with the NI 1429 frame grabber, so the issues should be very similar.  It is not difficult, but for the case of Dalsa, there were a few secrets that it took a long time to discover.

You will need to purchase NI Vision.  It is expensive, but very good.  Be aware that if you plan to distribute your software, you must purchase a deployment license for each installation (not hugely expensive, but not free either).

-GN 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,070 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sandeepchinni

Hi sandeepchinni,

I agree with gunnesjr that we need more information about what you mean by Linear Array Scanner.  Like he said if it is a line or area scan camera then yes it will most likely be compatible.  A little correction from what he said.  You do not need to purchase NI Vision if all you need to do is acquire images.  The framegrabber will come with the software that is need to work.  If you need to do any kind of image processing then you will need NI Vision.  The following knowledgebase lists what is installed with driver for the card.  Which Vis are Installed with NI-IMAQ and Vision Acquisition Software?

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,050 Views)

Hi Adam,

Yes it is a Line Array Scanner and thanks for letting me know that NI Vision software is not required for capturing the images.

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,040 Views)

Hi sandeepchinni,

I was hoping you could explain what exactly a Line Array Scanner is.  Is it just another name for a line scan camera or is it something different. 

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,013 Views)

Yes, its a line scan camera. and apologies for the very late response.

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,902 Views)