LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 2013 LabVIEW Simulation Loop supported on the cRIO-9068?

I tried to use the LabVIEW Simulation loop with my cRIO-9068 today. I was quite disappointed. Apparently the 9068 is not supported by the 2013 Simulation Loop. Is that true? I had two problems: (1) the download failed indicating that the LVSim shared library was not found, (2) no support for the 1MHz clock. I can select and use the 1MHz clock just fine with the Timed Loop but not the Simulation Loop. However, a VI with a Simulation Loop can't even be downloaded.

Is this just an installation/configuration problem on my side? Has anyone else had success running a Simulation Loop on the 9068?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,179 Views)

You will need to install support for Control Design and Simulation on the target through MAX before you can run a Simulation loop on it:

install cdsim.PNG

I believe this needs to be intalled on any RT target in order to run a Simulation loop.

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,170 Views)

Turns out there is a bug in the control design and simulation loop that makes that option not appear for the 9068 (or other NI Linux Real-Time targets).  I created a KB with two VI's you can download and replace their existing copies on disk with to fix the issue.  The KB is located here:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BF55BC02A4F7C0E286257CAC00618EFB?OpenDocument

Let me know if you have any issues with this - I agree with the steps Chris mentions above - you will first need to install CD+SIM support to the target.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
Message 3 of 4
(2,105 Views)

Thanks Chris and Kevin,

I had tried the steps Chris suggested before making the post but I didn't see the CD/Sim option. I'll admit I was in a hurry so I must have missed it. After Chris' post we tried it again and found the DLL for downloading.

I'll try out Kevin's suggestion for fixing the 1MHz timing bug. Thanks all!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,097 Views)