LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible - using Labview to connect and control...

I have a NI USB 6501 (USB, 24-ch, 8.5 mA) microcontroller and i want to connect this controller with Paradox DG65 digital PIR sensor and Labview

PS. I'm not sure in whitch disscussion to post this message.Excuse me about that. 

Thank You !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,918 Views)

You have created 4 threads (including this one) on this subject. Smiley Mad For the sake of convenience, let's place the discussion here, since you've provide a bit more detail in this post than in the others. 

The 6501 isn't really a microcontroller - it's a digital I/O device. Do you have any information regarding the DG65? Does it have any digital I/O? The web site only provides the sales brochure, and I have no intention of creating a login just to get technical information.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,878 Views)

First of all, the USB 6501 is a digital IO module, not a microcontroller.

You can use this 6501 to connect to any device capable of producing digital patterns compatible to the 6501. For compatibility, you have to look into the specs of both devices (6501 and the one you want to connect to). The specs have to match.

The specs of the USB 6501 can be found here.

I cannot link the specs of the transducer since you require a login at Paradox' webpage in order to gain access to them. So nobody can tell you if this connection will work except  someone who has a login there.......

Regarding LV: You have to take a look into the examples delivered with the DAQmx which is the driver for the USB 6501. Just look DAQmx >> Digital IO examples in the example finder.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,873 Views)

I have USB 6501 Digital I/O Device and a LC 100PI PIR Motion Detector and i wanna connect them to take data from the sensor and use it in Labview the Digital Device  has lower input voltage and i'm worried about that because the output voltage of the sensor is higher

The Sensor Specifications are :

Detection Method : Quad(Four Element) PIR

Power Input : 9.6 - 16 VDC

Current Draw : Standby 8mA Active 10mA

Compensation YES

Alarm Period 2sec

Alarm Output N.C 28VDC 0.1A with 27Ohm series protection resistor

Tamper Switch N.C 28VDC with 10Ohm series protection resistor

Warm Up period 60sec

RFI Protection 30V/m 10-1000MHz

Digital Device Spec : http://sine.ni.com/ds/app/doc/p/id/ds-135/lang/en

Thank You All for the Help !