LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to view data coming from a GigE Vision camera message channel?

Hello,

I am trying to generate some test applications for a GigE Vision camera.  I have used some other GigE vision compliant applications to enable GigE Vision events, and have verified that the camera sends events to the application over a message channel.  Is there a way to open and monitor the message channel using labview?

Thanks,

Frank.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,505 Views)

Are you just trying to monitor when events are being sent to the GigE camera so you can monitor what is happening?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,447 Views)

Hello Hockeyjim07,

We need to monitor ExposureStart events so that we can extend integration through a custom register in the camera.

Frank.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,439 Views)

fariaf,

What enviroment is controlling the camera? If it is LabVIEW what is the reason for not monitoring when you actually send the commands from LabVIEW? If it is another enviroment controlling the camera would a hardware trigger to the camera and a DAQ card not be a viable way to syncrhonize tasks? 

I am not entirely sure if what you are trying to achieve is possible. The closest thing I could come up with in LabVIEW is the following. It monitors for camera attributes to change and if they do change it passes a True boolean which you can use to control LabVIEW functions. 

Example.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,394 Views)