LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use a Case Structure to hide numeric indicators on the Front panel when they are not in use?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am rather new to LabVIEW, have only been using it for about 1.5 weeks as of this post, which means I may be missing something rather obvious due to ignorance, but is there any way to have my front panel change as my case changes due to user selection of a certain case via the front panel?

The goal of the program is to make a simple layout for a user that is using the digital multimeter that the proposed code is designed for and I don't want tons of numeric controllers and such clogging up the screen space that don't work with the function the user is using to measure with.

Thanks in advanced. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,336 Views)

Check out the property node for the controls

Visible Property

Short Name: Visible

Requires: Base Package

Class: Control Properties

Displays the front panel control.

This property is similar to the Show Control and Hide Control options on the shortcut menu of a control.

Also look at the TAB control to control which controls are available to your user.

Omar
Message 2 of 4
(3,330 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Crushed

Yes.

Two ways: 1. Use a tab control.

2. Use Property nodes (Visible property).

The tab control is somewhat simpler on the block diagram but if some controls need to appear in multiple cases it is difficult to do.  The property nodes take more space on the diagram but allow you the versatility to do almost anything you want.

Read the help files and look at some examples.

Lynn

Message 3 of 4
(3,329 Views)

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,318 Views)