LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to trim data (to be saved) visually from an intensity chart or graph?

ok i'm going to try and explain what i'm interested in doing.  Forgive me if i fail.

I am generating intensity chart data from a measurement system, the target size changes however but the FOV of the sensor remains constant.   So there are target data that fill the chart window and there are targets that fill a small percentage of the chart window.  Usually what we have to do is post process the data to custom trim it, cutting out the garbage outside of the target.

Is it possible to do this visually on the chart?  I'm envisioning (2) vertical  lines and (2) horizontal lines that can be manually moved on the chart, once the locations are set the data contained withing the manually formed box can be saved.

I've experimented with entering row and column numbers to delete data from the display which will work but having a visual method would be much better and faster (less iterations).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,010 Views)

In the subject line you are mentioning "chart" and "graph". Big difference! Which one is it?

(You can always use mouse-down events and get the coordinates, even draw visual feedback using the plot-images overlay.)

Can you attach some typical code and data?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,993 Views)

Have you looked at cursors? Vertical, horizontal lines, associated events, coordinates.

Intensity chart does not have them, but Intensity graph does. Right click -> Properties -> Cursors tab. 

PS. Also changing axis limits, for example with tools in Graph palette might be enough - Save everything, that is shown. Works for both - chart and graph.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,973 Views)

Hi coolhand,

Is it possible to do this visually on the chart?  I'm envisioning (2) vertical  lines and (2) horizontal lines that can be manually moved on the chart, once the locations are set the data contained withing the manually formed box can be saved.

As soon as you replace the "chart" with a "graph" you can use cursors to do exactly what you describe in this sentence…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,971 Views)