LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to read an FPGA control by name

VADave, kudos for your nice and neat block diagrams. Your different font for comments is nice and subtle, but it helps them stand out.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(513 Views)

VADave wrote:
Here is a VI (v8.2) that will update my 24 element cluster - by name. The code in the Update case would off course be implmented in a subVI.

Nice but I don't think I can get a reference to an FPGA cluster. I could write the whole FPGA cluster to a traditional control but then I'd have to update one when I update the other just like I'd have to update the case structure with one of the original ideas. Hmmm, maybe I can use a typedef. Seems a bit wastefull to read the whole cluster every time I need just one value but it's definitely a possibility.
Message Edited by InfiniteNothing on 05-13-2009 09:46 AM
CLED (2016)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(512 Views)

I think that you can get a reference to the FPGA.vi but it needs to be running to control the FPGA.lvbit.

A better solution would be to create a Daemon to control the FPGA.lvbit.  You could pass data to/drom the Daemon by name and it would then handle the data to/from the FPGA.lvbit.  Another benefit is that the FPGA reference can be remove from your main program.

Visualize the Solution

CLA

LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(485 Views)