LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to print all tip strips in a VI for documentation?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all your helpful forum-goers!

I have just added a bunch of tip strips to controls and indicators in my application, and for the purposes of simplifying a peer review I would like to print all of them into a single document.  However, using the File -> Print... wizard does not appear to include tip strips as one of the items that can be printed out.

Is there an easy way to collect all of the tip strips in a VI / application into one document that I am overlooking?  Or do I need to create a custom solution such as recursively getting references to all widgets on the front panel, reading each of their tip strips, putting them all into a text box indicator next to the widget's label & caption, then copy/pasting and hope the formatting is reasonable, etc.?

Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,272 Views)

Hi jmorris,

do I need to create a custom solution

I think the answer is yes…

I would create a spreadsheet with 3 columns: VI name, frontpanel element label, tipstrip text.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,260 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmorris

another way to skin the cat...

Tools >>> Advanced >>> Export strings

Then ALL you have to do is parse the file.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,241 Views)

Thank you, Ben!  This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for, and in fact might be useful for other types of change reviews as well!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,235 Views)