LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make a clickable graph

I want to make a clickable graph that on that corresponds to an imaged being scanned on the microscope that will stop the feedback loop.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,453 Views)
Eugene,

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish based on your description above, but I do have a few suggestions for you nonetheless. If you are using LabVIEW 6.1 you can use the new Events structure to monitor front panel objects for events like mouse clicks. You can view some of the events examples that ship with 6.1 for more information.

If you are not using 6.1, however, I recommend you take a look at the "Mouse Control Demo" example that ships with LabVIEW 6i. With this example, a trick is used where you can monitor mouse events on a picture control. Basically, a chart is covered with a picture control, and whenever the user moves their mouse over the chart or clicks their mouse on the chart, those mouse events are read via the picture
control on top of it. That description should clear up somewhat when you look at the example.

I hope one of these suggestions gets you started in the right direction. Good luck, and have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,
Darren N.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,453 Views)
Hi Eugene,

You have not provided an abundance of info regarding what you you are asking.

So... I will GUESS that you want to know if someone clicks on the graph.

If this is what you want, you can monitor if the graph has the key focus,
or,
Put a big transparent boolean over the graph and check if it has been clicked.

If this is not what you where asking (sorry) please be a little more verbose, we may be able to help.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,453 Views)
Hi Eugene,

In LV 6 you can use a picture control (transparent or not) to manage mouse position and clicks. You may take a look in lv folder\examples\picture\demos.llb\Mouse Control.VI.

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,453 Views)