From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make a Frequency Domain Reflectometer using LabView? For waveguide frequency measurement?

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

I have a tricky question that I have looking around for the answer but couldn't find it!

I want to know if I can build a Frequency Domain Reflectometer (FDR) to measure frequency return in waveguide. Telecommunication engineers would understand what I mean! It a bit like TDRs but its frequency instead of time. 

I would like to build a Frequency Domain Reflectometer using labview application, how can I do that? What sort of code do I need and what equipment do I need to operate with the NI code?

Please give me the chance to thank you all very very much for your help and support and for looking here,

regards

Fezz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,347 Views)

Hi Fezz,

I am not familiar with using FDR systems but know there is a good example of producing a TDR in LabVIEW available on the community. This might provide you with a base and a grasp of the architecture you could use to create the functionality.

Time-Domain Reflectometer (TDR) Example

Regarding the equipment you would require to achieve this I strongly recommend contacting your local NI office who will be able to adviser you fully as this will depend upon your desired specification.

Kind Regards,

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,336 Views)

Hi Aaron

thanks very much for your help. i relise it is kind of the same consept and background as TDR and FDR are in simular operations however i just wanted to get more info and share others view to see if i am on the right tracks. however your advice has trully supported me and i think i have a better view of what i need to do next. thank you

regards

Fezz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,306 Views)