LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make a Cross hair overlay without Vision module

Solved!
Go to solution

I don't have 5k to spent at the moment for Vision Software... Is there any chance to put an overlay of a Cross Hair w/t using IMAQ overlay function?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,176 Views)

Hi grumpy,

"overlay" over which item?

When you are using graphs you can use the "Plot Images.Front" property to place a crosshair image over the plots. The IntensityGraph also knows that property…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,171 Views)

I am using an API from the camera manufacturer, which with the help of .NET api can acquire w/o the need of the Vision module. I am grabbing images from the live feed, and covert to Pixmap, then save to JPG file. I only need to put one simple cross hair (red) in the centre of the live feed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,162 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author grumpy_numpy

Hi grumpy,

so you are using 2DPictures in LabVIEW.

@grumpy_numpy wrote:

I only need to put one simple cross hair (red) in the centre of the live feed.

There are a lot of drawing functions for 2DPictures! You can easily draw two red lines "in the center" of the mage(s)…

(You also could fiddle with the Pixmap data directly as they contain "simple" pixel arrays…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,158 Views)

Hey Gerd,

Thanks for the tip! I found one other topic, where you suggested using these functions:

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvpict/picture_vis/

I will take a look and give it a try! Thanks again!

George

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,151 Views)

Million thanks Gerd! Since I am not familiar with these functions, and I am gonna use this app for only temporary stuff, I am too lazy to spend time figuring out how to make a cross from two lines. Instead, I just putted a circle... need only to center it more accurately, and all is done. 🙂

grumpy_numpy_0-1623937665279.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,130 Views)