From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to havedrop down lists in cells of a table?

Thanks I will look at the example you mentioned

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(845 Views)

Hello,

I like this array of cluster better, for the simple reason is that when I select a table cell the list appears and if I click another cell (before) I select a item from the list, the list will close and the program operation will not get out of sync with the cell I clicked on. I need to check out this example more to see how will it would work on a table to undetermined length.

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(827 Views)

Kaspar wrote:

I like this array of cluster better, for the simple reason is that when I select a table cell the list appears and if I click another cell (before) I select a item from the list, the list will close and the program operation will not get out of sync with the cell I clicked on. I need to check out this example more to see how will it would work on a table to undetermined length.

ALso note that this idea would make these solution much more cleaner to implement. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(823 Views)

I never tried to extend that code to work with a list of unknown length so I can't help directly, but feel free to post (perhaps better in that thread) if you run into trouble and I'll see what I can do. It may be better to add your own vertical scrollbar control and manage scrolling yourself, rather than using the one included with the table control.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(818 Views)

Hello,

Implementing the functionality that I want/need may be a challenge, but also at the same time fun. My application is for a barcode read used in a lab. The user will scan items and the software will display information about the item in a table that contains numerous columns. One of the column needs to come from a drop down list and/or ring. The number of items in the list can go from 1 to 3000.

I need to be able to programatically detect if a list and/or ring is open and also be able to programtically close it.

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(802 Views)

Hello,

I figured out how to make the code work the way I wanted. I updated the "Table:Mouse Down" event case to "Disable and Gray out" the Table Disable property node. This will require the use to select a item from the drop down before they try to modofy another cell in the table.

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(786 Views)