LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to havedrop down lists in cells of a table?

Thanks I will look at the example you mentioned

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(847 Views)

Hello,

I like this array of cluster better, for the simple reason is that when I select a table cell the list appears and if I click another cell (before) I select a item from the list, the list will close and the program operation will not get out of sync with the cell I clicked on. I need to check out this example more to see how will it would work on a table to undetermined length.

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(829 Views)

Kaspar wrote:

I like this array of cluster better, for the simple reason is that when I select a table cell the list appears and if I click another cell (before) I select a item from the list, the list will close and the program operation will not get out of sync with the cell I clicked on. I need to check out this example more to see how will it would work on a table to undetermined length.

ALso note that this idea would make these solution much more cleaner to implement. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(825 Views)

I never tried to extend that code to work with a list of unknown length so I can't help directly, but feel free to post (perhaps better in that thread) if you run into trouble and I'll see what I can do. It may be better to add your own vertical scrollbar control and manage scrolling yourself, rather than using the one included with the table control.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(820 Views)

Hello,

Implementing the functionality that I want/need may be a challenge, but also at the same time fun. My application is for a barcode read used in a lab. The user will scan items and the software will display information about the item in a table that contains numerous columns. One of the column needs to come from a drop down list and/or ring. The number of items in the list can go from 1 to 3000.

I need to be able to programatically detect if a list and/or ring is open and also be able to programtically close it.

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(804 Views)

Hello,

I figured out how to make the code work the way I wanted. I updated the "Table:Mouse Down" event case to "Disable and Gray out" the Table Disable property node. This will require the use to select a item from the drop down before they try to modofy another cell in the table.

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(788 Views)