LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have mutually exclusive dialog radio buttons?

Is it possible to create a set of mutually exclusive dialog radio buttons in such a way that only one radio button per set can be selected at a time? Can LabVIEW detect which buttons are pressed to ensure only one is set to true before the program runs?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(11,589 Views)
I would create a couple events/or case, in which if one radio button is pressed, the rest are disabled (or even disabled and grayed). This way you will be able to ensure that only one button is pressed at the time!

USCTrojan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(11,585 Views)
The proper way of doing this is, believe it or not, with a customized slide control. It looks like radio buttons and outputs the number of the option selected.

Attached is a VI showing two I put together. To use them use the text control at the bottom of the control to set the name of the buttons, or add new ones by adding items to the list.

Once you have the items configured, right click on one of the buttons and select Visible>>Text Display to hide the text display and you're read ro rock and roll.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 3 of 33
(11,585 Views)
This was way too cool...
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(11,585 Views)
Great idea Mike!!!
Alberto
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(11,585 Views)
This is very good.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(11,581 Views)
Only wish I could take credit for it, but it came about at least two or three major revs ago...

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(11,581 Views)
Thanks Mike for the great way of doing things!
I wonder how did you customize the slide control to make it look that the VI that you've attached with your answer?

FightonSCTrojan
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(11,402 Views)
Yeah. I've always wondered why this radio button technique hasn't made its way to the standard control palette yet. IIRC the codeless radio button was first published by Stepan Riha in LTR long ago.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(11,581 Views)
Basically, when you go into edit mode you can copy and paste graphics to be used for different display components. I made the marker indexes look like unselected booleans, and the slider look like a selected boolean.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(11,402 Views)